SoS client stops responding when recursively adding files

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

skrap1r0n

SoS client stops responding when recursively adding files

Post by skrap1r0n » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:44 am

I am trying to add a significant amount of files to SoS using the 4.0.2 client and it stops responding every time. This is a new client whose site we recently took over and it's beginning to get frustrating. SoS client doesn't seem to stop at any one spot in adding, rather it's seemingly random.

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can begin troubleshooting this issue?
Jason Evans
Web Developer
On-Site Computer Solutions

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:49 pm

It could be a concurrency issue. Take a look at this KB article to see if it applies:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1866

Another possibility is that something on the network is closing the connection after a certain amount of time or data has passed. Check to see if a firewall or other device might be closing the connection.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

skrap1r0n

Post by skrap1r0n » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:24 am

I have upgraded to the latest version of both server and client. Prior to the install I corrected the registry as per the instructions in the Concurrency post. I checked the registry entry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{783CD4E4-9D54-11CF-B8EE-00608CC9A71F}\InprocServer32

And it is set to "Both".

Additionally, I have checked the Excluded file types to make sure I wasn't trying to add unapproved file types. The excluded file tab is empty, so I am not sure what is going on.

Any other Ideas or is there something I have missed?
Jason Evans
Web Developer

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:38 am

How many files and how many MB in the upload?

Can you upload a smaller number of files successfully?

It's possible that something on the network is closing the connection after a certain amount of time or data has passed.

Let's see if the log file tells us anything. Enable verbose logging for the SOS Server:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463

Reproduce the operation that is failing and then send me a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server directory. Email it to support@sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

skrap1r0n

Post by skrap1r0n » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:43 am

I'll enable verbose logging as per that the instructions in that link.

The problem is, We have taken over this site. the files I am adding add up to 310MB and 1,981 files. It appears to just choke.

I don't believe anything is closing the connection, as I can transfer files all day using UNC paths, however I will verify how that port is being handled.
Jason Evans
Web Developer

skrap1r0n

Post by skrap1r0n » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:55 am

Ok here's a thought, and I probably should know the answer to this, but I am going to ask anyway.

Since I am working internally, on the network that Source Safe is on, would I be better off using Source Safe to add mass files instead of SoS?
Jason Evans
Web Developer

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:14 am

Yes, if you're working on the LAN, VSS would be faster. SOS should still work, though.