Soscmd 3.5 ErrorCode 420 FailedDatabaseOpen

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

davekrekel

Soscmd 3.5 ErrorCode 420 FailedDatabaseOpen

Post by davekrekel » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:30 am

Running SourceOffSite Version 3.5.3 I am trying to get latest using soscmd.

I am using the following command:

soscmd -command GetFileList -server faicmfile01:8888 -name dkrekel -password dwk -database C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\VSS\srcsafe.ini -project $/d900/packages/acp/src

The source safe server has 3 separate databases. I am trying to attach to the "V9 SourceCode".

How do I account for the "V9 SourceCode" on the soscmd call?

Thanks Dave K

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:37 am

You don't need to use the database alias for soscmd, in fact it doesn't work to use an alias in SOS 3.5.3. You should be able to just use the path to the appropriate database. If you're unsure of the paths, do the GetDatabases command to list all databases accessible by the SOS Server.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

davekrekel

Question on GetDatabases results

Post by davekrekel » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:55 am

C:\D900\Utl>soscmd -command GetDatabases -server faicmfile01:8888
D:\Data\VSS Archives\cm_vss\srcsafe.ini
D:\Data\VSS Archives\V8_VSS\srcsafe.ini
D:\Data\VSS Archives\DOCS_VSS\srcsafe.ini
D:\Data\VSS Archives\ABS_VSS\srcsafe.ini

Why did the results point to my CD Drive?

davekrekel

Figured it out

Post by davekrekel » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:59 pm

The database is on the D drive of the server. I will have to map it ot make it work.

Thanks

davekrekel

Get Latest and renegade members

Post by davekrekel » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:32 pm

When I get latest w/i SOS. I always get a loose changes errors on some shared members, even though I have not changed them. I always click "Yes for All" on the first on and get latest proceeds.

How will this be handled when using soscmd.exe?

Thanks Dave K

davekrekel

Latest error

Post by davekrekel » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:12 am

C:\D900\Utl>soscmd -command GetProject -server server:8888 -name xxxxx -password pwd -database P:\srcsafe.ini
-project /d900/packages/acp/src -recursive -soshome "C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite"

Unexpected server message after login. Expected a 300 Success, but got a 420 (FailedDatabaseOpen)
Server Message Body = .

I am using the GUI client and trying to get latest on a project through an unattended scheduler.

I have a bat file with the following command and I still get the following error. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for your help. Dave K

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:57 pm

Sorry, I should have mentioned not to put your username and password on a public forum. I've edited it.

You're using P:\srcsafe.ini for the database path, yet your GetDatabases returned

D:\Data\VSS Archives\cm_vss\srcsafe.ini
D:\Data\VSS Archives\V8_VSS\srcsafe.ini
D:\Data\VSS Archives\DOCS_VSS\srcsafe.ini
D:\Data\VSS Archives\ABS_VSS\srcsafe.ini

Is P a mapped drive? For SOS to work, you need to use the paths the SOS Server recognizes to be valid. I don't know why your databases are on the D:\ drive. Check to see what's configured in the databases tab of the SOS Server manager.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

davekrekel

Post by davekrekel » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:05 am

Hi Linda,

I have mapped "P:" to the following server location.

D:\Data\VSS Archives\ABS_VSS\

The get databases returns the "D" drive because the databases are on the "D" drive on the server.

I do not usually have a password on my login, but I added one to see if I could make this work.

Could this be a premission problem?

Thanks Dave k

corey

Post by corey » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:13 pm

Dave,

Do you mean you have mapped the drive to P on the machine where you are using the client?

If so, that doesn't matter. In your soscmd command, you want to use the drive letter that the SOS server users, which would be the D drive as configured.
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

davekrekel

Post by davekrekel » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:44 pm

The source safe database resides on a server in Georgia. When I run the following command. soscmd -command GetDatabases -server server:8888

One of the items returned is D:\Data\VSS Archives\ABS_VSS\srcsafe.ini

I mapped a P:, on my client to in Kansas to the network drive in Gerogia.
P:=\\server\Data\VSS Archives\ABS_VSS\

I am trying to use the "GetProject" command to update my client in unattended mode via a scheduler. Since the getting latest inside the SOS GUI client can take over 60 minutes sometimes.

When I run the following command.
soscmd -command GetProject -server server:8888 -name name
-password psw -database P:\srcsafe.ini -project $/d900/packages/acp/src -recursive -soshome "C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite"

I get the following error.
Unexpected server message after login. Expected a 300 Success, but got a 420 (FailedDatabaseOpen)

When I run the the following command.
soscmd -command GetProject -server faicmfile01:8888 -name dkrekel -password dwk -database D:\Data\VSS Archives\ABS_VSS\srcsafe.ini -project $/d900/packages/acp/src -recursive -soshome "C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite"

I get an application error.
The instruction at "0x77fcc39e" referenced memory at "0x666d6369". The memory could not be written.

Is this possible with Sourceoffsite classic version 3.5.3?

Additional Info. I am trying to get a small part of the project. Would the memory error be caused by a their are no subdirectories under the "src" directory with a recursive parameter?

Thanks Dave K

bfinney

Post by bfinney » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:06 pm

The -recursive parameter shouldn't be a problem - I've used it hundreds of times when there was nowhere to recurse. Does the error occur immediately after you issue the command or is there a delay? I'd try adding the -verbose parameter to the command to see precisely where it's dying.

davekrekel

results of verbrose

Post by davekrekel » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:22 am

C:\D900\Utl>soscmd -command GetProject
-server ssss:8888 -name nnnn -password ppp
-database D:\Data\VSSArchives\ABS_VSS\srcsafe.ini
-project $/d900/packages/acp/src
-soshome "C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite" -verbose
SourceOffSite Command Line Client: 128 bit Encryption version 3.5
Connected to server faicmfile01 at port 8888.
Received Challenge from server
Server Message Body = .
Closed connection to server faicmfile01 at port 8888.

Does this help?

bfinney

Post by bfinney » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:47 am

I'm afraid that there's not much to go on there, except it's pointing the finger squarely at a prolem on the server side. We'd need to see the server log, preferably in verbose mode, to make a better guess.

Please send (or have a colleague on the server side) send the log file to support@sourcegear.com and we'll have a look.

davekrekel

Connection works, Ignores working directory

Post by davekrekel » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:43 am

I have my bat file in c:\d900\util to run the get latest. It now connects and runs but the working directory set up in the gui client is ignored. How do I set up the working directory in the soscmd client command?

Current instruction is.
soscmd -command GetProject -server faicmfilexx:8888 -name aaa
-password ppp -database \\faicmfilexx\ABS_VSS\srcsafe.ini
-project $/d900/packages/acp/src
-soshome "C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite" -verbose -recursive

It brings the members down to the directory containing the bat file. Any Ideas on how to redirect the output? Currently I am at the deepest level as far as directory structure goes. However, I would like to be able to pull the entire d900 project.

Thanks Dave K

davekrekel

Post by davekrekel » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:38 pm

I found the parameter I needed. Thanks for all your help. I will run the full project tomorrow morning.