Can I change the user name that tied to a license

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Vittaya

Can I change the user name that tied to a license

Post by Vittaya » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:43 am

First, I used my name to log on the server. It's work fine. But now I want to change to common user name by editing in user tab. It doesn't work when I try to log on that show "You are not authorized to use this server". How can we change to the new user name ? We are using SourceOffSite 4.1 Classic with 1 license.

Thanks

Vittaya

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:58 am

The user tab only records who has logged in to the VSS database from the SOS Server. The names in the user pane also indicate how many users have taken up SOS licenses.

User accounts are managed by the VSS Admin Client. So if you want to add or change a username you would do in VSS.

It sounds like you want to use a common account for more than one user. The problem with that is that 1) all changes to your code would be made by the same username, which pretty much goes against the reason for source control and 2) it's a violation of our license:
"Each SourceOffSite user must have a user-license. The total number of SourceOffSite users must not exceed the total number of purchased licenses for your organization."
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Vittaya

Post by Vittaya » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:05 pm

Thank you for your support. It's work by your solution. Actually, Now we want to trial on VSS over Internet using SOS in other office. Then if it work well, we will exactly buy more license.