Diff Tool Question

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dprice

Diff Tool Question

Post by dprice » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:04 am

I know I'm probably missing something, but does the SourceGear diff tool provide any VSS interaction like check-in, check-out, etc.? I really missed being able to diff a folder for differences and check them out directly in the diff tool and not try to match up filenames in SOS. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Derek
Derek W. Price

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:43 pm

Not really. The SOS tool doesn't have any transaction capabilities. But I'll log this as a feature request for a future release. I can't guarantee we'll implement it, but we'll take a look at the feasibility.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dprice

Post by dprice » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:22 am

Hi Linda,

I hope you can elevate this. We get regular ftp source code dumps from our contractors and we do a bulk check-in. VSS's diff tool really integrates well, but your tool does not (the diff stuff works great!). I usually end up switching back and forth between diff and sos to make sure I'm getting all the files. It's a little painful and error-prone.

Thanks!
Derek
Derek W. Price

mat

Post by mat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:07 am

The ability to check out files from the DiffMerge window would be HUGE. I second the feature request.

Many of the people we have using Vault in our organization don't have the source code control mentality so quite often I need to go sort them out. The quickest way to do that is to do a diff but going back into the Vault UI to after I've found a file that needs to be checked out/checked in is onerous especially given the number of levels we have in our source tree.