Vault and Azure

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
rwallacej

Vault and Azure

Post by rwallacej » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:37 am

can I move my Vault to Azure? see a very old question on this but no was answer in 2010

Beth

Re: Vault and Azure

Post by Beth » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:04 am

Vault is fine on Windows Azure VM. Make sure to assign a tier able to handle the workload.

Vault with SQL Azure is an unsupported configuration due to lack of testing. As far as I know, SQL Azure won't give you enough rights to set up the databases, but someone at Azure could maybe help with that. I had heard of one user trying it, but we have no idea how that user tried it or if he was successful. I do know what user moved to a different service. You can feel free to try it if you'd like and let us know your results.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

rwallacej

Post by rwallacej » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:12 am

Thanks. Just found this reply now!
I'd like to try the SQL and see how it works. So what do I need for IIS /website? can I just copy the folders in IIS just now to new Azure site?
I see my current server which had .exe run has a few folders in IIS. Which are needed for Vault?
Are there other things the .exe sets up or is it simple copy/paste of folders in IIS to Azure?

Beth wrote:Vault is fine on Windows Azure VM. Make sure to assign a tier able to handle the workload.

Vault with SQL Azure is an unsupported configuration due to lack of testing. As far as I know, SQL Azure won't give you enough rights to set up the databases, but someone at Azure could maybe help with that. I had heard of one user trying it, but we have no idea how that user tried it or if he was successful. I do know what user moved to a different service. You can feel free to try it if you'd like and let us know your results.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm assuming running the installer isn't an option? I was under the impression that the installer could be run there.

There are multiple steps to manually setting everything up. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? Then I'll send you what I know.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support