Check in Error

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

IanG

Check in Error

Post by IanG » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:54 am

Fortress V1.0.6
Hi
one of my users is having trouble checking in a file they have edited, when they try to commit the change they get the following error:
[01/04/2008 10:24:05] An error occurred while trying to begin a transaction.
[01/04/2008 10:24:05] Transaction failed
[01/04/2008 10:24:05] An exception was encountered during the transaction. Exception: Server was unable to process request. ---> Error in the application. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at VaultClientNetLib.ClientService.VaultService.BeginTx(Int32 nRepID, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID)
at VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.BeginTx(Int32 nRepID, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID, String comment)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.Commit(ChangeSetItemColl givenItems, String strChangeSetComment, Boolean keepCheckedOut, Boolean removeLocalCopy, CommitType committype, VaultDateTime dateImport, Int32 nUserIDImport, Int64& nRevID, Int32[]& retBegEndTx)

I have tried having them disconnect and reconnect, clearing their cache dirctory, undoing the check out and redoing the change and I've had them undo their change and tried to do it from my machine all with the same result.
I've looked in the frotress log and their are no messages there and I've run Checkdb on the vault and dragnet databases with no problems.
I'm kinda stuck at this point any ideas as to what I can do at this point would be greatly apreciated.
BTW I don't know if this is relivant but the file is a .sln file but it's not bound to souce controll.
Rgrds Ian.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:02 am

How is the user checking in the file? With the Fortress GUI Client?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

IanG

Yes from inside the standalone source control client

Post by IanG » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:23 am

Yes from inside the standalone source control client
Ian

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:40 am

Could you post or e-mail a copy of the Fortress server log that covers the time period of the check-in failure?

Let me know the time in log and the username to look for.

If you don't want to post the log, e-mail it to support at sourcegear.com ATTN: Linda
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

IanG

Post by IanG » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:47 am

After installing v1.1.1 this morning I tried this again and it worked!
Maybe the reboot cleared the problem.
Ian.

PS. for refrence the log file had no entries at all for the day where this was happening. I was going to try it again with the logging level turned up but this time it worked.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:06 am

Let us know if you encounter this again.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear