"Data is Null" error on "External Add"

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jkane001

"Data is Null" error on "External Add"

Post by jkane001 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:56 am

I'm testing Fortress 1.0.5 beta out, having never used Fortress before at all. I have been using Vault 3.5, and to test, I made a virtual machine, copied my live Vault database to the virtual instance, then upgrade it to Vault 4.0.5 beta, then to Fortress (which in the end, made me uninstall 4.0 altogether, but the database had been upgraded from the 3.5 db to the 4.0 db before installing Fortress.

Anyhow, now that I'm up to Fortress 1.0.5, I went to try "External Add" out, which will be a huge requirement for us using Fortress, and when I click on the link from Fortress Admin, in the project I'd added, it brings up a page at the following URL: http://vaultserver/Fortress/External/Ad ... px?pid=100 (the project is in fact pid 100, as the URL for the project settings indicates.

However, the page doesn't load properly; instead, I get the error below. Any thoughts?

Server Error in '/Fortress' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_Int32() +80
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetInt32(Int32 i) +39
MantisSQLService.MantisSQLService.GetExternalUserID(MantisSqlConn conn) +132
MantisServiceAPI.MantisServiceAPI.GetExternalUserID() +49
MantisServiceLib.Helpers.GetExternalUserID() +5
MantisControlsLib.CategoriesListBox.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +61
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:15 am

Anything in the Fortress Server log that corresponds to the the error? The log is in %windir%\temp\sgfortress.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jkane001

Post by jkane001 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:19 am

lbauer wrote:Anything in the Fortress Server log that corresponds to the the error? The log is in %windir%\temp\sgfortress.
I'll check, but before I do that, I might also add that I have just obtained a Demo license, added that, and then added a user. When I click on that user to edit details, I get this error: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

(The URL that error occurs on is http://vaultserver/VaultService/Admin/User.aspx?uid=1)

That looks familiar!

I'll get back to you in a few minutes about the log.

jkane001

Post by jkane001 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:23 am

The entire contents of sgfortress.log:

# SourceGear Fortress Server
2007-10-10 16:45:55.685 Starting SourceGear Dragnet by SourceGear, LLC - Version 1.0.5.15907 Copyright © 2003-2007 SourceGear, LLC All rights reserved.
2007-10-10 16:45:55.685 Configured Options: : LogLevel - Quiet LogReverseDNSLookup - True
2007-10-11 11:40:05.938 Starting SourceGear Dragnet by SourceGear, LLC - Version 1.0.5.15907 Copyright © 2003-2007 SourceGear, LLC All rights reserved.
2007-10-11 11:40:05.938 Configured Options: : LogLevel - Quiet LogReverseDNSLookup - True

However, there was info in the sgvault.log file that seems to relate to the timestamp of when I tried to edit a user. I just tried again and confirmed that this entry came from this last try:

----10/11/2007 12:19:29 PM admin--VaultServer.AgilityHealthcare(192.168.1.184)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_Int32()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetInt32(Int32 i)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSystem.GetExternalUserID(VaultSqlConn conn)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.GetExternalUserID()
at VaultService.User.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_Int32()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetInt32(Int32 i)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSystem.GetExternalUserID(VaultSqlConn conn)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.GetExternalUserID()
at VaultService.User.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:43 am

This looks like a problem with the External User.

Could you post a screenshot of the Fortress users page from the Admin Client which shows all users (active and inactive)?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jkane001

Post by jkane001 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:01 pm

I don't have a publically available web server that I can post images to from here. Is there no way to attach images to posts?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:35 pm

You should be able to add attachments. Look for the Add an Attachment button when you reply to this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jkane001

Post by jkane001 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:46 pm

lbauer wrote:You should be able to add attachments. Look for the Add an Attachment button when you reply to this post.
The closest I see to "Add an Attachment" is a button labeled "Img," which inserts an img tag for you to enter a URL to a hosted image. No attachment button anywhere that I can see. Do you have a way for me to email the screenshots? If not, I'll take them home tonight and put them on my personal server and submit the URLs using the Img button.

Edit: I read in the FAQs to see what that would say about attachments, and this is what it says:

How do I add an attachment after the initial posting?
To add an attachment after the initial posting you'll need to edit your post and follow the description above. The new attachment will be added when you click Submit to add the edited post.

So, I went to my original post, hit "Edit", and all I see is the ability to add a poll, but no attachment capabilities there either. You guys update your forum software recently?

Thanks!
Jeremy

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:25 pm

Here's an image attachment, similar to what we'd like to see from your system. It's possible that we have this disabled for non-moderators, but I'm not aware of it.

You have to scroll down to the botton of the Post a Reply window, to the Attachment Posting Control Panel.

Another option: email support at sourcegear.com, with the attachment and a link to this post.
Attachments
UserPage.jpg
User Page
UserPage.jpg (22.82 KiB) Viewed 12460 times
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jkane001

URL for External Add

Post by jkane001 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:37 am

I was asked for the URL I'm using for External add, though I can't find the email to reply to... the URL (on the actual fortress server) is http://vaultserver/Fortress/External/Ad ... px?pid=100. The error I get is a .Net error, so it's not an issue with not finding the address.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:06 am

I've sent you an e-mail from our Help system asking for another screenshot of the users page, this time with Hide In active Users unchecked.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear