What happened? 5.3.2 install problem messed up everything!

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

bluebsh

What happened? 5.3.2 install problem messed up everything!

Post by bluebsh » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:24 pm

Ok so we had 5.3.1 installed

[4/24/2007 3:14:09 PM] Version Check: This Vault client is version 3.5.1.4786
[4/24/2007 3:14:09 PM] Version Check: Your Vault server is version 3.5.1.4786

We went today to upgrade the clients and server

clients upgraded just fine! but when we went to upgrade the server problems happened....

here is what we did

on our web server (where source gear is installed, because of being a web service) ran the VaultServer_3_5_2.msi installer

accepted the agreement, readme info, set all the features as "entire feature to be installed", clicked next

set the IIS process model to custom and set up our AD Domain and user to run it under, set the password, clicked next

said it was ready to install the application, clicked next

it did an "upgrading system" for a few seconds while it installed then asked for the admin password, kept the same admin password as previously used in 5.3.1, clicked ok

asked me for SQL Server connection info.. our sql server database is on a seperate server, set the name to ReschSQL (the name of the server) and set the login user to a user that has DBO rights on the server. clicked connect told me that you must have an account that exists on both machines to execute iis process, clicked ok

it came back and said there is no vault database on the server, yet i can clearly see it when I look called "sgvault" as a database on that server... then the install fails and backs out... what is going on?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:15 pm

set the login user to a user that has DBO rights on the server. clicked connect told me that you must have an account that exists on both machines to execute iis process, clicked ok
When you use SQL Server authentication, the Vault installer needs adequate access to upgrade the schema, and create or re-create the sgvaultuser. So in the SQL setup portion of the installer be sure to use an account that has SA or equivalent admin rights. It's possible the account you were using did not have adequate rights to create the schema or user logins.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager