A few minor annoyances . . .

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davenovak

A few minor annoyances . . .

Post by davenovak » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:36 pm

If there are workarounds for any of these please let me know.
  • 1. Default profile does not seem to work from with IDE – Using the latest Vault Client (3.51), I am able to set up a default profile. This is very helpful. Whenever I using the client GUI, it automatically connects to the correct database and repository without any prompting. That said, it does not work this way in Visual Studio 2005. I continue to be prompted for login information and repository. Why does it ignore my default profile?

2. Please have password be the focus field for login dialog – If user name and database have already been entered (or remembered from last login), the password field should really be the focus entry field for the login dialog. (Of course, if all is blank, then by all means start at the top with user name, but this is first time only usage.) This is especially annoying if you happen to get the password wrong – it still takes you to the user name field. Yeah, it’s a little thing but it’s also simple to fix.

3. Missing SourceSafe option: Reuse last comment – I do not see anyway to tell Vault to reuse the last comment used for a check in. SourceSafe allowed this and I miss that feature.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:33 pm

On items #2 and #3, we have feature requests in and I've added your "vote".

On #1, try some of the suggestions in this KB article and see if that helps: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6328.

If you aren't sure where the KB article section is, the index is here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=792

davenovak

Post by davenovak » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:37 am

Thoese were helpful links for #1 -- I'll give it a try.

Happy to hear I was not the first to report #2 and #3.