visual studio 2005

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

triplta

visual studio 2005

Post by triplta » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:24 pm

I am trying to put my production files into source control. I am not having any luck. I can copy the files into the respository but cannot check them out in visual studio 2005 because they have no .sln or .suo files in the directory. Do you have a document that shows the proper way to accomplish this task or step by step instructions? This is getting reallly frustrating. I check the project in and can't check it out.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:05 pm

The proper way to put your project under source control is by using Visual Studio integration, not with the Vault GUI Client.

First, in Visual Studio 2005 under Tools->Options->Source Control, Choose Vault as the current source control plugin. (You may need to enable Vault as your default SCC provider in the Vault GUI Client under Tools->Options->General).

Then open your VS 2005 project from you local drive. In VS 2005, under File->Source Control, select Add Solution (or Website, if it's a Web Project) to Source Control. The project will be added to Vault and the proper bindings and source control files (such as .sln and .suo) will be created.

After this, you can just open the project normally on your machine.

If you or another user wants to retrieve the project from Vault do a different machine, you would use Visual Studio and the command File->Source Control->Open from Source control (or if it's a web project, use File->Open Web Site and choose the Source Control icone in the Open Web Site dialog.)

More information about using Visual Studio and source control here:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=790
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager