Choosing a label of a sub-folder when labelling

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Zenda

Choosing a label of a sub-folder when labelling

Post by Zenda » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:59 am

Hi,

My project is sharing a subfolder owned by another project (say A). The subfolder was labelled a few weeks ago by project (A) and some changes has been made to its files and were checked in. Today I'd like to label my project not using the latest checkins of that subfolder but rather its label that was done a few weeks ago. Is there anywhere to do that?

I know I should have pinned them when I had the chance but still sometimes the pinned version may not be the one you want to capture in the label.

Thanks for help.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:07 pm

You can label a history version of a file or folder.

For a folder, right click on the folder and select->Show History. When the History Query Filter/Sort dialog come up, chose the radio button for "View folder history by version."

This will give you a list of folder versions. Select the one that corresponds to the version or date you want, then select the Label command from the commands on the right.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Zenda

Post by Zenda » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:33 pm

It sounds like you did not catch my question. Let me rephrase it:

When labelling a folder, is there any way to choose an old version of its sub-folder (NOT the parent folder) to be included in the label rather than using the latest version of that sub-folder?

That sub-folder in my case is a shared folder. I don't want to use the latest versions of its files in my new label. I want to use the set that was labelled a few weeks ago.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:59 pm

You might be able to do this with label promotion. I don't think you can change the subfolder version, but you can change the versions of the files within the subfolder.

Show Labels on the project and select the label you want to modify, right click and choose "Promotion."

In the Label Promotion dialog, you can select the subfolder, then right click on specific files in the file list to change to the version you want to be included in the label.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager