Problems with Obliterate (Ver 3.5)

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

slabuta

Problems with Obliterate (Ver 3.5)

Post by slabuta » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:20 pm

I am getting some error messages when I try to obliterate some files. I'd like to know how to correct these.

The error is:
"Unable to Obliterate item: $/filename

All branches of an item must be obliterated...... This item has branches at: "

The error does not point me to another file. It just ends. Is this a database problem??

Steve

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:23 pm

That occurs when both the trunk and the branch have been deleted. Then you get the message, but nothing is listed after. We will be making changes in how this works in a future release.

You will have to find those other deleted branches in obliterate for the time being and obliterate them first.

slabuta

Post by slabuta » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 am

Beth,

I can't find any other projects or files that will let me obliterate them. They all now say that there is a sharing conflict. Some list a project folder that does not have any items to be obliterated, some don't specifiy a place where the sharing conflict is occurring.

I tried to obliterate every item multiple times until now I can not make any more progress.

Any other ideas.

Steve

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:46 pm

Those branches will need to be tracked down, so what you will want to do is undelete the top level folders that hold branches. Then perform a history search for things that were branched. Once the branches of what you wanted to delete are found, delete and obliterate the branches that were branched to (not the original folder). Once all the branches are gone, then you can go to the original and delete and obliterate it.