VSS -> Vault Migration and Web Projects

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

cisco.hdz

VSS -> Vault Migration and Web Projects

Post by cisco.hdz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:04 pm

Vault 3.5.0.4741 - Just started upgrading yesterday.

I've succesfully migrated other projects over without many problems. I hit a snag with a solution that contains two web projects. The web projects don't want load. They are in the same heirarchy as the VSS version(relative paths i mean).

I plan on making them web application projects but don't plan to until i get vault working with all the solutions. When i look at the bindings it says they are all invalid but the normal projects( class libraries) seem to work ok.

Any ideas or/and suggestions would be great,

p.s. - like i said i'm new to vault ;)

Thanks

Cisco

The error message i get is
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
The open from source control operation has failed for the project c:\path here\

Close and reopen the solution and Microsoft Visual Studio will attempt to reopen this project from source control.
OK

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:53 pm

Are these VS 2005 web projects that your are importing from VSS?

Have you tried unbinding and rebinding the projects?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

cisco.hdz

Post by cisco.hdz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:06 pm

lbauer wrote:Are these VS 2005 web projects that your are importing from VSS?

Have you tried unbinding and rebinding the projects?
Well it's one main solution file that contains other "Class Library" projects. Just two of these are web projects. The VSS database had two seperate folders. One contained a winforms solution and the other this solution. I seperated them in vault and the winforms solution works fine. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

The weird thing is that when i go into the binding properties they all say 'invalid'. I tried rebinding every which way but it doesnt help. I must be doing something terribly stupid here.

I've tried deleting the whole thing and doing an Open From Source Control but keep on getting that message. I have also tried downloading it through the Vault client and then opening it up. No luck either.

cisco.hdz

Post by cisco.hdz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Well i was doing something weird. I started comparing the source safe and the vault repositories. The thing was that i changed the heirarchy because the VSS database looked like so

$\
$\Website
$\Website\Website\

When i imported i wanted to just keep it $\Website\ but the web projects were still trying to look for the $\Website\Website path. I guess i have to look at how to modify the project file to point to the new location. I temporarily added the folder under vault and so far it looks ok. It's just not natural.

This is probably outside the scope of vault but if you guys have any links/hints on that front it would be most welcome!