Cannot remove Vault 3.5 client

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

cityone

Cannot remove Vault 3.5 client

Post by cityone » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:31 am

I have problem trying to remove Vault 3.5 client installation.

- Remove it from Control Panel gives the error:

Another version of this product is already installed. .... use Add/Remove Rrograms on the Control Panel.

- Run 3.1.7 client msi directly gives the error:

The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

I want to go back to 3.1 client. Can you help?

Thanks!

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:15 am

If you look in this forum post at the second to last entry, there are instructions for a manual uninstall.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... +uninstall

cityone

Post by cityone » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:39 am

Hello, my problem is I cannot uninstall the client, not the server. The post you showed me was about server uninstall, right?

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:06 pm

You're right. Sorry about that. I will perform a manual uninstall of a client here and install 3.1.7 right after it to see what is needed or if it will cause any issues and get back to you soon.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:08 pm

Ok, I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any issues with doing this with a client before telling you. Really, the manual uninstall is the same as the server. One just doesn't have to worry about disconnecting from any server services. So you can remove all the files and folders relating to your Vault installation from your hard drive and then run a search through your registry and remove all instances there. If you wish to keep your user profile information from your previous install, the keys to keep then are under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear.

It would seem to me though that something isn't quite right that you are having problems uninstalling from Add/Remove Programs. Do you have Administrator rights on your machine? Was server installed there and now you are trying to just remove the client portion? Did you end up with multiple Vault clients installed? You don't have to answer these, but these might be things to consider about what could have happened, and if any are true, you might want to reconsider a manual uninstall.