Totally removing all traces of version control

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Totally removing all traces of version control

Post by ZackJones » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:00 am

Hi,

I'm having an issue with one of our web projects. I orginally opened the project from source control using the instructions in the KB. Fwiw, this is an ASP.Net 2.0 web project using VS.Net 2005 and Vault client and server of 3.1.9.xxx.

What I would like to do is totally remove any traces of the project from my computer and start again. So far I have:

1 - Deleted the project folder from Visual Studio 2005 Backup Files folder
2 - Delete the project folder from Visual Studio 2005 Projects folder
3 - Deleted the project folder from c:\temp (this is the default location for vault backup / working files)
4 - Deleted the virtual directory from IIS
5 - Made sure there were no traces left in c:\inetpub\wwwroot

Is there any other place on the computer I should look for files associated with this project to remove before I try to open the project from source control again?

This issue I'm having is when I check out a file and modify it and check it back in it does not get checked into the proper location in vault. It is as if there's a complete copy of the folder structure below the top level file structure. If there's anything else I should check please let me know.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:40 am

You might also see if there is a VSWebCache folder. The VSWebCache folder is created automatically by Visual Studio when you open/create a web project and can be found in <root>\Documents and Settings\<user>\VSWebCache\<machinename>. VS.NET 2003 created such a folder and I think VS 2005 does, too.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager