Problems about Multi-NIC & Unicode file name

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Norman

Problems about Multi-NIC & Unicode file name

Post by Norman » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:17 pm

I installed SOS 4 Server and client successfully on my computer (Win2K Pro Chinese Version, with VSS 6.0d and 2 NICs, Lan & ADSL).

Question 1:
I can connect to SOS Server via LAN (IP:192.168.0.1), but the other client cannot connect over ADSL. Even I cannot connect to server by lookup IP:127.0.0.1:8080. Why so?

I query my computer's TCP listening ports, find that PORT 8080 is bund to only one IP 192.168.0.1. Pls teach me how to bind SOS port to multi-NIC.

Question 2:
I know SOS supporting Chinese Folder and file name. I have tested it SUCCESSFULLY on the SourceOffSite Online Demo Server.

But on my own SOS Server, it is not good. How to resolve it?

Thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:27 pm

SOS 4.0 can not bind to multiple network cards. You can configure it to bind to a particular card by setting binding order of your network cards in Windows. You can also have SOS bind to a particular host by entering a value in the SOS Server Manager under Optional->Host.

We are working on a fix for this in SOS 4.0.1, due out in a few weeks.

SOS works with the English language version of Visual Source Safe, which is used on our SOS demo site. It does not work with the Chinese language version of VSS.

We have had reports that SOS may not work properly on the Chinese Windows OS. We don't have that OS here so we haven't been able to test it and confirm this.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Norman

Thank Linda Bauer!

Post by Norman » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:15 pm

Thank Linda Bauer!

I've resolved Question 1 (Binding host IP) by following your instruction. :)

About Question 2, My Computer environment is Windows 2000 Professional Chinese version, VSS 6.0d English Version.

I work with Chinese file name well in VSS. Maybe just as you said, "... that SOS may not work properly on the Chinese Windows OS." Wishing your new SOS version will be better.

Thanks again.