Any idea how to "web enable" VAULT for off-site ac

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

samir.patel@edgusa.com

Any idea how to "web enable" VAULT for off-site ac

Post by samir.patel@edgusa.com » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:54 pm

I am looking to perform a task, which I believe is simple in nature, but I just don't know how to go about this.

I want to configure my Vault program and the Windows Server that it is on to allow remote access for a group of programmers so they can check-in and check-out code while away from the office, on client site. I have no idea how to do this and would appreciate anyone's assistance or advice on how to get this done. I don't know if there is any part of Vault that can allow this or if I just have to give external access to this server and its contents for my Programmers. I know Vault has a web client but I have been told that this is just for administration purposes only and the Client install should be used instead.

We have Vault on a Windows Server and employees can access internally via the Client GUI. I was thinking that I just have to configure IIS and create some rules on our firewall but I am not really sure. I was told to create a name record (e.g. vault.domain.com and point it to one of my available public IP addresses). As you can tell, I need some direction so if anyone has done this before and has experience, please post and I would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. Hopefully I will get the hang of this quickly! :)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:56 am

Vault was designed for remote access. Vault runs as a web service in IIS, and by default, uses the Default web site on port 80. Most firewalls have port 80 open to allow internet traffic. If your configuration is different, you'd need to open your firewall to whatever port Vault is using. Users would connect to the Vault server's IP address or the qualified domain name and port (if different from port 80). For instance Vaultserver.domain.com:88.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager