Working Folder clearing?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

CCS

Working Folder clearing?

Post by CCS » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:45 pm

Periodically the working folder for all branches in the project I'm working on gets cleared. I have to go and click “set working folder” to re map it. Afterwards all the files are in an unknown state. The only way I know to get Source Gear to resolve the file states is to Get the Latest version out of the archive. The problem is that this takes a long time. I could Get the latest version of a single file and let Source Gear automatically start to resolve the status of the files in the same folder but this also takes a long time and eventually causes the client to stop responding.

Is there any way to stop losing the Working Folder settings?

We use SourceGear Vault client ver 3.1.2.3511, server ver 3.1.6.3658.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:24 pm

When you lose your working folder, do all of your working folders get wiped out too? If so, check the location of your client cache (Tools->Options->Local Files->Cache/Backup Location) and see whether something is removing those files and folders.

Otherwise, the only way to track this down is to figure out what is triggering the clearing of the working folder. If you are using Visual Studio integration, it will sometimes change the working folder, but it sounds like you are using the GUI client?