Status not updated before diff

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

GregM

Status not updated before diff

Post by GregM » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:09 am

I'm not 100% convinced this is a bug, but it is really annoying. Here's the scenario:

I get an email notification that a file has changed. I want to see what the changes are in that file. I switch to the GUI client, and find that file in the tree. The client hasn't updated the status yet, so the local version number and remote version number are the same. I click on the file, and hit Ctrl-F to see the differences. The client checks with the server, finds out that there is a new version, updates the status column to show "old", and updates the remote version number. It then shows me the difference between my local file and the version that it thought was the latest on the server before it updated the status.

Now, the reason that I'm not sure this is a bug is that it could be said that the user said that they wanted to compare the working folder version to what the GUI said was the latest version on the server. However, my diff settings default to "the latest version on the server", not "the latest version retrieved from the server".

The reason that it's annoying is that in order to get the real diff against the latest version on the server, I either have to force a status refresh, or do the diff twice in succession.

So, I'll leave this to you to figure out if this is the way vault should work or not.

Client and server are both 3.1.5.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:23 am

Yea, it sounds like a problem, whether we want to call it a bug or not. I'll log it, in any case. Perhaps we just need to force an automatic refresh earlier when invoking a diff.