Navigating the Forum using Back Button

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Susan

Navigating the Forum using Back Button

Post by Susan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:44 pm

I'm new to Vault and am trying to use your Forums to get answers to my questions. When I do a search, I am unable to use the Back button without getting the "Warning: Page has Expired" message, which then forces me to use two more mouse clicks to get the original search results back. I believe I've checked everything on my side that would possibly cause this to happen. The only thing I haven't been able to verify is whether your website is forcing the refresh.

I'm aware that you provide Previous Topic/Next Topic buttons on the Topic I am viewing, but I would prefer to narrow down the topics I view by scanning them in the list returned by the search, without having to do a page refresh every time.

Is there something on my side that I have enabled/disabled that I haven't found? Is it your website that is forcing the retry? Can you provide a button that takes you back to your original list?
Thank you

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:20 pm

We use phpBB for our forum software and configure it in a pretty standard way. I've notice that IE exhibits the behavior you are seeing, and Netscape does not, but I'm not sure what the difference is.

One workaround is that you could Shift-Click when you click on a topic. This will open it in a new window, and you'll always have the search results available in the older window.