.NET API Client to store baselines in working folder.

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

dking513

.NET API Client to store baselines in working folder.

Post by dking513 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:04 pm

Hello,
I have a custom client that uses the .NET API.
I would like this client to store basline files in the working folders, so when I create the client instance I call:

.WorkingFolderOptions.StoreDataInWorkingFolders = True

However, when I do a get, no _sgvault folder is created in the working folder - instead I find it (with the baseline) in the client cache folder.

If I open the vault client GUI and do a check out, it works correctly.

The only difference I can think of is that in my custom client, I am logging in as an Admin user.

What am I doing wrong?

dan

Post by dan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:08 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think that value is used anymore. Since 3.1, it gets the local cache location from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear\Vault\Client\Settings\CacheLocation,
which means that the locally logged in user determines where the cache is, and not the Vault user name.

Hopefully, this won't cause a problem for you. It was decided that the location of the cache should be a local machine setting rather than a Vault user setting, since it is more related to local machines than Vault users.

dking513

Post by dking513 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:31 pm

Hum...

It looks like if I set StoreDataInWorkingFolders to true after I set a new working folder association, it works.

Before I was setting storedatainworkingfolders after calling .Init of the client object...

I think your response is talking more about the location of the cache files than the location of the baselines.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:10 pm

Great - I'm glad that worked!