Obliterate. (Ha! I saw SourceGear personnel flinch!)

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

bmschkerke

Obliterate. (Ha! I saw SourceGear personnel flinch!)

Post by bmschkerke » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:53 pm

Hi all.

I'm trying to clean up our source code control database. We've been following a practice of

$
/Source
/Project
$
/Releases
/Project
/Version

When we finalized a release we would create a branch in the releases structure. So v1.0.0 of WhizBangApplication would be branched from $/Source/WhizBangApplication to $/Releases/WhizBangApplication/v1.0.0.

The problem is that the branches have not always been done properly, and the initial projects that the developers set up are not always under the root. So I've been trimming and moving things to bring order to the chaos.

I've run into a problem though. Some of the moves leave items in the Obliterate section, specifically, the old folder names. When I attempt to obliterate the folder the system tells me it has been branched before and cannot be obliterated.

Fine, I accept that. We branched the original folder to the Releases folder and the system won't let us delete the prior entries. No problem.

Is there a way to remove these folders from the Obliterate listing? Obviously I need to keep the history attached to them as that history is part of the branched folder, but I'd like to remove the old foldername from the listing. (Cleanliness sake and all that.)

Thanks for any help!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:58 pm

Is there a way to remove these folders from the Obliterate listing?
Vault doesn't allow obliteration of a trunk if there are branches existing or deleted-but-not-obliterated. And until an item is obliterated, it stays on the list of deleted items.

I'll log a feature request to "hide" names you don't want to see on the obliterate list.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

bmschkerke

Thanks Linda.

Post by bmschkerke » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:22 am

I was afraid that was the answer, but that's okay. I appreciate your help. =) Since I'm the only SCCS administrator here I'll know what's going on.

A general thanks to SourceGear. I love Vault - seriously - and do plan on getting my addons rolling for it again. It's a great product backed by a great company backed by great people.