Feature change request - Make version check non-blocking

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Brody

Feature change request - Make version check non-blocking

Post by Brody » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:03 pm

We use Vault 3.1.2 and recently had an ISP outage that left us without internet access.

No problems except that when the Vault client is started it does that version check. Which to be honest I am all for as I don't browse the support site daily to get the news about new releases.

My problem is this - The version check blocks the starting of Vault for (in our case) 100 seconds. Now that I write this down it doesn't seem a big deal - but it felt annoying at time.

Any chance of spinning the version check off so it doesn't block the regular starting process?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:09 pm

You can disable the version check in the GUI Client under Tools->Options->General->Check for latest Vault version at startup.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:19 pm

Linda,
I think Brody wants the version check enabled, he'd just like it to not prevent using Vault from being used when it is taking a long time or is unable to get to the Internet.

I haven't run into this problem yet, but you could add my vote for this minor bug fix (I'd be happy with a quicker timeout, say 10 seconds).

Mike

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:27 pm

I think we have a bug or feature request logged to improve this so it doesn't hang up the client; I'll add your vote
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager