Cannot connect to Vault

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Inttruder

Cannot connect to Vault

Post by Inttruder » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:58 pm

We had a power failure that shutdown our vault server. When I brought the server back up I cannot login to SourceVault. When I try to browse to the Webconfig file I get the following error. It seeems to have a problem with authentication line I tried changing it to see if that would help but it did not seem to make a difference.

Server Error in '/VaultService' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 35: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 36: -->
Line 37: <authentication mode="None" />
Line 38: <!-- AUTHORIZATION
Line 39: This section sets the authorization policies of the application. You can allow or deny access

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\VaultShadowFolder\web.config Line: 37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:01 am

Hard to say what the effects of the shutdown were. Are VaultService and VaultShadowFolderService still configured as applications in IIS? If not, try Properties->Virtual Directory->Create for each, if Create is enabled.

You might also try running the Vault Installer for your version, with the Repair option.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager