History Limited to 1000 rows

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davecourt

History Limited to 1000 rows

Post by davecourt » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:20 am

Hi

It has only just been noticed that a folder has been deleted from our Vault respository which we need back.

I am trying to view the history but only get 1000 rows back. How can I increase the result set because I don't know when it was removed?

Thanks

Dave Court

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:28 am

This is configurable in the Vault GUI Client undert Tools->Options->History/Labels.

From Vault Help:
Limit Queries to This option allows you to limit the number of rows returned for a single history or label query. The number must be greater than 0.

This limit exists because the user interface will reach a limit to how many rows of text it can display at one time. This option will ensure that the user interface will always be able to handle the query sent by the server, even if the user accidentally created a query that was not intended and retrieved far more rows than the interface can handle.

The default is 1000 and there is an upper limit of 10,000.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

davecourt

Post by davecourt » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:34 am

Thanks Linda

Vault seems to be unable to find the deletion on this folder? When looking in the server, the folder appears under Obliterate (which I obviously didn't do) but doesn't appear under Show History.

Do you have any idea why this is?

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:51 am

How are you doing your query? From the parent folder or from root?
Is it not returning enough rows (10,000 max) to find the history item?

What if you do a Show History on the parent folder, then select View Folder History by Item and then filter by Actions->Delete?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:31 pm

If all you want to do is restore the folder, you should be able to right-click on the parent folder, select Properties, click on the Deleted Items tab, and restore the deleted folder from there.

If you want to find out who deleted the folder, you're going to have to find the delete action in the history.

Hope this helps,
Mike

davecourt

Post by davecourt » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:29 am

Thanks Mike - didn't realise that was there!

Thanks again

Dave