Check In error on pdf file

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Ivan

Check In error on pdf file

Post by Ivan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:38 am

I got this error after I upload/CheckIn CD4011BE.pdf (size: 397kB).
On my network setting at options dialog, I uncheck 'Use chunked encoding to reduce memory consumption during file uploads. This is incompatible with some proxies.' I buttoned 'Use the system default proxy.'

Upload for item $/IVN-ASS-002/Documentation/UserManual/CD4011BE.pdf failed too many times, aborting transaction.
Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.
The specific error was "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."
An exception was encountered during the transaction. Exception: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UploadItem(ChangeSetItem item, String txID, Byte[]& streamBuffer, Int32& bytesWrittenThisFile, Boolean bIsImport)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UploadThread.ProcessCommand(UploadThreadCommand command, UploadThreadCommandResult& outputResult)
InnerException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)
at System.Net.Connection.Write(ScatterGatherBuffers writeBuffer)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.ResubmitWrite(ConnectStream oldStream, Boolean suppressWrite)
InnerException.InnerException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.MultipleSend(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)

Please help.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:52 am

Do all .pdf files fail to upload, or just this particular file?

Can you upload other types of files (not .pdf)?

Do you have a personal firewall? Some personal firewalls can be configured to reject certain types of files.

Is there anything in the Vault server log file that corresponds to the upload error?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Ivan

Post by Ivan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. The issue solved. Others file can upload. Some pdf also can upload. Just that specific one pdf can not upload. But by checking 'Use chunked encoding to reduce memory consumption during file uploads. This is incompatible with some proxies.', the issue solved.