Windows 2003 SP1

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

spiercey

Windows 2003 SP1

Post by spiercey » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:13 am

We are migrating our vault services to a VM that has Windows 2003 Server SP1 installed (that seems to be the only difference between our current machine and the VM) but the VM will not allow access to the service. I can get to the http://calsrcmgr/VaultService/ page but when I try to access the vault.asmx page I get the following error page:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the Web site home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Web site home page.
64 - Host not available
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Background:
The gateway has lost the connection with the Web site you are trying to access.

ISA Server: CALISA5.na.tlm.com
Via:

Time: 9/2/2005 5:11:46 PM GMT

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:42 pm

What version of Vault are you using?
ISA Server: CALISA5.na.tlm.com

Looks like you're going through a proxy server. In the Vault GUI Client under Tools->Options->Network Settings->Proxy, is a proxy configured?

Can you connect to the Vault Server from a Vault Client on the VM itself, using "localhost" for the server connection?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

spiercey

Post by spiercey » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:53 pm

we're using version 3.0.1

we are using a proxy and it is configured. This error is occuring when I try to reach the server using internet explorer and it's obviously configured to work on our network. Why do you think that I could reach the vault html page (i.e.http://calsrcmgr/vault) and not the asmx page?

We have our network dudes looking at this problem too. I should have mentioned that I installed a custom web service on the same machine and we're having the same problem with it. I just thought that maybe you've seen this issue with the new security defaults on Windows 2003 Server SP1.

I tried installing Vault on a test server that does not have SP1 installed and it works out of the box.

spiercey

Resolved

Post by spiercey » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:23 pm

We reapplied the SP1 and everything worked. Go figure.