Feature request for Search tab in client

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

slafave

Feature request for Search tab in client

Post by slafave » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:12 am

The search tab is incredibly useful, but I have one suggestion to make it perform better.

For the "Checked Out By" search type, would it be possible not to run the search until a username has been chosen? Most of the time the username is set to "All Users". Depending on the size of the project I am searching in, I have to wait for Vault to display all checked out files before I can select the Username I actually care about and then the search runs again to display what I really want to see.
SCOTT LAFAVE • Systems Architect
TREND
660 American Avenue, Suite 203
King of Prussia, PA 19406

http://www.trendmls.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:59 pm

So you don't want the search to run when All Users is pre-selected, until you activate the search?

Do you frequently search by All Users? If not you could set this to "blank" to avoid running the "checked out by" search.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

slafave

Post by slafave » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:21 pm

Setting it to blank would be acceptable, but I just tried and can't figure out how I can do that. :)
SCOTT LAFAVE • Systems Architect
TREND
660 American Avenue, Suite 203
King of Prussia, PA 19406

http://www.trendmls.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:36 pm

Hmm. turns out I was logged into Vaultdemo, where there's actually a blank username, which appeared on top of All Users. :oops:

It was handy, but I don't think you'd want to use up a license for that. :D

I'll log a feature request for the Checked Out by search to not run automatically if it's set to All Users.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

GregM

Post by GregM » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:00 pm

Maybe it should just have a "search now" button. I always try to remember to set it back to "Don't Search" before I leave the pane, so that it doesn't try to search right away when I switch to it later.