CLI client getlabel problems

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Ramesh

CLI client getlabel problems

Post by Ramesh » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:06 pm

This problem has begun since we upgraded to 3.1.1 from 3.0.x and it shows up only when getlabel is invoked from a (ksh) script. If I run the command from the command prompt, it executes fine.

The command in the script is

Code: Select all

gvault getlabel $SRCSSDIR Build_${BUILDINGVER} -labelworkingfolder $TRIROOT/src -verbose -merge later -repository abc > $TRITOOLS/getcurrv.log 2>&1
which expands to

gvault getlabel $/trunk/RD/Codebase Build_6753 -labelworkingfolder f:/rdbitsvault/src -verbose -merge later -repository abc > f:/rdbitsvault/tools/getcurrv.log 2>&1
Prior to 3.1.1 the command would succeed cleanly.

Now , however, it seems to first download files from the wrong repository folder (from a branch in fact), and after that I get an error message that seems to indicate that the paths are truncated - thus leading to failure... highlighted here

Could not find file "C:\temp\vaultTmp\debase/IFACE/ICApiFoundation_i.c"

It says debase instead of Codebase

Could it be a problem with the cache being messed up? Any other ideas? I cant explain its working at the command prompt but not from the script.

Here is a snippet of the client logging

<vault>
<!--      Fetched $/branches/Common/8.0/RD/Codebase/ICAPI/ICApiDrawing/ICApiDrawing.idl  -->
<!--      Fetched $/branches/Common/8.0/RD/Codebase/ICAPI/ICApiBase/ICAPIPrivate.idl  -->
<!--      Fetched $/branches/Common/8.0/RD/Codebase/ICAPI/ICApiBase/enumDef.idl  -->
<!--      Fetched $/branches/Common/8.0/RD/Codebase/ICAPI/ICApiBase/ICApiBase.idl  -->
<more of the same>
<error>
Could not find file "C:\temp\vaultTmp\debase/IFACE/ICApiFoundation_i.c".
</error>
<exception>
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\temp\vaultTmp\debase/IFACE/ICApiFoundation_i.c".
File name: "C:\temp\vaultTmp\debase/IFACE/ICApiFoundation_i.c"
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateHiddenFileContentsFromFullFile(VaultClientFile file, String fullFile, Int64 targetVersion, UInt32 targetCRC, Int64 targetSize)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateHiddenFileAndSetBaselineVersion(VaultClientFile file, String fullFile, Int64 targetVersion, Int64 targetDisplayVersion, UInt32 targetCRC, Int64 targetSize)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.ResolveUnknownFiles(UnknownFile[] unknownFiles)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.CreateGetFileRequests(VaultClientFile[] files, Boolean forceLatest, Boolean forceDisplayVersion, Boolean dontCheckWorkingFolders, MakeWritableType makeWritable, Boolean isLabelGet, String labelSubItemPath, Boolean isLabelGetForSingleFile, Boolean bIsRetry)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.CreateGetFileRequests(VaultClientFile[] files, Boolean forceLatest, Boolean forceDisplayVersion, Boolean dontCheckWorkingFolders, MakeWritableType makeWritable, Boolean isLabelGet, String labelSubItemPath, Boolean isLabelGetForSingleFile)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetByLabel_GetData(VaultClientFile[] files, MakeWritableType makeWritable, SetFileTimeType setFileTime, MergeType merge, OverwritePrompt PromptData, Int64 labelID, String currentPathToLabelItem, String labelSubItemPath, Boolean isLabelGetForSingleFile)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetByLabel_GetData(VaultClientFolder folder, Boolean recursive, MakeWritableType makeWritable, SetFileTimeType setFileTime, MergeType merge, OverwritePrompt PromptData, Int64 labelID, String currentPathToLabelItem, String labelSubItemPath)
   at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommandGetLabel(String reposItem, String label, String labelSubItem)
   at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)
   at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)
</exception>
<result success="no" />
</vault>
[1] + Done(134) ?
  692	Abort	gvault
Apologize for the longish post...

Ramesh

Post by Ramesh » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:00 pm

Well, as I suspected, the cache was somehow impacted and it caused the weirdness. I ended up changing the Client Cache Folder using the Vault client tool to be a different location, and after that, the getlabel command worked fine via the script...

So, please consider this issue closed :D

Thanks

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Glad you figured it out. :)
Ian Olsen
SourceGear