FailDBInsert: cannot check out anything, please call immedia

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mcliedtk

FailDBInsert: cannot check out anything, please call immedia

Post by mcliedtk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:22 pm

Hello,

I am no longer able to check in/out any files from Vault. It's been working fine for months, and for no discernible reason, I cannot access code anymore. I get this error when trying to use the Vault client:

A database error has occured (FailDBInsert)

When I try to access via VisualStudio, I get this error:

Access failure.

I have tried restarting my machine.

Please call us immediately at (303) 449-5285, as we are launching a major project this weekend.

Thanks,
Michael

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:49 pm

I contacted Mike and had him restart MS SQL Server and IIS, and he was able to connect again.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mcliedtk

Log files

Post by mcliedtk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:57 pm

Hi Linda,

Here are the files you requested.

Thanks,
Michael
Attachments
vault_install.log.txt
(10.21 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
Web.config.txt
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
Vault.config.txt
(1.98 KiB) Downloaded 620 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:03 pm

We were unable to determine the cause of the FailDBInsert issue because there was no sgvault.log on the Vault server machine.

Mike, the Vault install log and the web.config file have conflicting information. The install log shows the sgvaultuser was created, which indicates Vault would use SQL Server authentication to connect to the database, but the web.config file shows Windows Authentication is being used.

The install log also shows the Vault service directory being installed to \Inetpub\wwwroot, and the web.config indicates the path is D:\Webs\VaultService\Vault.config.

There may have been some manual configuration after installation or perhaps there's another vault_install.log file in a different user's Temp directory.

I'd suggest uninstalling Vault, keeping the database, then reinstalling with your desired settings. After you install, verify that the account used for the IIS Process Model has read/write access to the Vault Server machine Windows\Temp directory.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager