Get without working folder set.

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

GregM

Get without working folder set.

Post by GregM » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:06 am

Why can I not do a get or a diff on a file in a folder without a working folder set?

We have some branches that are no longer being developed, and so I don't have working folders set for them. In order to get the latest version of the file or do a diff using the latest version of the file, I have to set a working folder first. After I'm done, I then have to unset the working folder again.

I was able to do a diff from the latest version using the file history dialog, but I haven't tried to do that yet with a get.

I was reminded of this because I just had to get an old file out of VSS, and while it did make me specify a directory, there is an option to not save it as the working directory.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:24 am

The diff tool compares the contents of the working folder or a file in the working folder to various other options -- last get, repository version, other file/folder etc.

So if there's no working directory, there's nothing to diff.

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

GregM

Post by GregM » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:11 am

Okay, I guess that makes sense, I can live with using the history dialog for doing the diff. I should still be able to get the latest version to any directory without having to assign a working folder first.

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:23 am

Greg,
That was the gist of my request Enh. Req. UI to get a copy of old version w/ new name.

Linda logged it, you should add your vote.

Mike

GregM

Post by GregM » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:08 pm

No, that's not the same thing. I'm looking to Get Latest in a directory that doesn't have a working folder set. The history query allows that, but not a plain Get Latest.