Binding issues with VS2003

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

neetw

Binding issues with VS2003

Post by neetw » Wed May 25, 2005 1:13 pm

Hi,
I have been trying to access my project using Source Vault. In Visual Studio i first go to File->Source Control-> Open From Source Control. It connects to Vault and i select the Project containing the Solution File. The solution also includes two Web Projects.
It asks me to select the location for the working copy of your Web projects. The location of my web projects is set as : http://localhost/ImageMarket

The min i click Ok, I get the error message "The Open from source control has failed for this project. Close and re-open solution to be prompted again to open the project from source control." I get this message for all the projects within my solutions. The last error message i receive is "Unknown project".

In C:\\Inetpub\wwwroot i can see a directory for the web projects. The only file in there is a file of type webinfo. Also in IIS under the Default website i can see the web projects along with the webinfo file.

In my Visual Studio Projects directory i can only see the solution file and the mssccprj.scc file.

Is there some documentation available which explains how multiple projects can be downloaded from Source Vault into Visual Studio, without loosing the bindings?

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks,
Neet

dan

Post by dan » Wed May 25, 2005 1:44 pm

Does the messages pane in Visual Studio indicate what the error might be?

You should make sure that the virtual folders needed by the web projects do not already exist in IIS or on disk - Visual Studio is happier when it creates everything from scratch itself.

Another question: Has this solution/project been successfully opened by other users on other machines?

neetw

Post by neetw » Wed May 25, 2005 8:30 pm

Hi Dan,
I deleted the Virtual directories, and the web projects from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot directory. I also deleted the ImageMarket directory from my Visual Studio Projects directory and tried to download the solution once again.
But everytime I get the error message, Microsoft Development Environment: The Open from source control has failed for this project. Close and re-open solution to be prompted again to open the project from source control, for all the projects in my solution.

I believe the project was successfully downloaded by others users on their machines.

How do i successfully download this solution with all its bindings?

Thanks,
Neet

dan

Post by dan » Thu May 26, 2005 7:09 am

Turn on IDE logging (see http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2898) and see whether the log file has any useful information in it.

neetw

Post by neetw » Thu May 26, 2005 12:08 pm

Hi Dan,
I have enabled the logging. Attached is the log file generated when i tried to download the solution. I am still facing the same problem.

Is there some other setting i need to take care off? I dont see any errors in my Event Viewer.

Thanks,
Neet
Attachments
VaultGUIClient.txt
The log file generated
(33.21 KiB) Downloaded 729 times

neetw

Post by neetw » Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 pm

Hi,
Could it be some sort of permission issue because of which it wont let me download the projects within the solution?
But if i connect from the Source Vault client, i can get the latest version of the solution and the projects within. But then this doesnt contain the bindings.

Thanks,
Neet

neetw

Post by neetw » Thu May 26, 2005 1:02 pm

Attached is my VaultIDEClient.txt. I am not quite sure what the error means.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Neet
Attachments
VaultIDEClient.txt
(24.75 KiB) Downloaded 728 times

dan

Post by dan » Thu May 26, 2005 1:38 pm

It looks like VS wants to open a project in $/ImageMarket/ImageMarket.root/ImageMarket/ImageMarket and then later a project in $/ImageMarket.root/ImageMarket. Is the first one a valid path in Vault?

Also, if your projects and solution files are all in the same folder, that can sometimes cause problems when binding to source control, as it might cause collisions in some VS state files it puts in folders where the project resides. You might consider moving any projects you have to a folder below the solution, so that each project resides in its own folder.

Another question: How did this project get into Vault - by adding it via Visual Studio, adding it manually or through an import? Has it been successfully binded before?