remote access to Vault fails, but .asmx visible

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mcliedtk

remote access to Vault fails, but .asmx visible

Post by mcliedtk » Mon May 23, 2005 3:04 pm

When specifying a URL to access Vault remotely, I am running into the error described in this topic:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=202

However, I pass both of the tests. I can view the method definitions of the .amsx file, as well as the WSDL. I am able to log into VaultWeb as well.

Is there a reason why a browser may be able to access these files, but VisualStudio would not?

In the Vault client, I specify "subdomain.server.com/VaultService/VaultService.asmx". This is the address that is visible via a browser.

Thanks for your help,
Michael

dan

Post by dan » Mon May 23, 2005 3:14 pm

Our visual studio component uses the same interface our GUI client does. By Vault client, do you mean the web client or the standalone GUI client?

What you should provide for those logins is "server.domain.com[:port]" (if the port you use is nonstandard). The "/VaultService..." should not be specified (although it may be smart enough to notice it and ignore it).

Are you able to connect successfully through the local network?

mcliedtk

Post by mcliedtk » Mon May 23, 2005 5:54 pm

Hi Dan,

I had been adding the /VaultService/VaultService.asmx onto the end of the server path, and that seems to be what was wrong. Entering simply the server.domain.com[:port] was all I needed.

Thanks! We are all setup!