Problem associating item tracking project and source file

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

oor

Problem associating item tracking project and source file

Post by oor » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:56 am

I have a problem finding how to associate an item tracking project with concrete files. I am a newbie to Fortress, I installed it yesterday.
In "http://download.sourcegear.com/misc/for ... emtracking" | "Administration Pages" | "Setup" you write: "... Choose the SourceCode Control Provider from the drop-down list..."
I cannot find any such drop down list when I am logged in as "admin". I cannot even find your setup page where this drop down list is supposed to be found.
However, I can find the admin page where "Active Directory domain" is to be configured, but there is no such drop down list.
And I am missing a documentation of checking in and out source controlled files associating item tracking project(s). If there is somethingI have overseen, please direct me to a relevant link.
My Fortress version is 1.1.4 build 18402.

lbauer

Re: Problem associating item tracking project and source file

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 am

That documentation is somewhat confusing, unfortunately. I've logged bug 13992 to correct that.

The Fortress is designed so that the source control integration is already set up, without the additional configuration.
So you don't need to pick a source control provider.

Once you have repository set up with your source code, and item tracking projects with work items, you can then check in your code with the Vault GUI Client or Visual Studio. Then in the check in dialog, you can browse your item tracking projects for bugs to associate with check-ins.

I think you might benefit from attending one of our online demos. We walk you through the features of Fortress, and show how the item tracking and source control functions work, as well as the integration. We generally have a demo each week.

Contact me at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda, and we can schedule you for one of the demos. Please include a link to this forum post in your email.

Vault and Fortress users and prospective users can also sign up for a demo at this link:

http://www.sourcegear.com/fortress/demorequestform.html
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager