404 Error following upgrade attempt

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

cornerstone

404 Error following upgrade attempt

Post by cornerstone » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:19 pm

I started to upgrade to Fortress v1.1.4 from 1.1.3. When I got to the point where the installer program asked me for the admin password, I did not have it available at the time, so I cancelled out of the installation (via the setup program).

When I tried to access Fortess after that I got the following error:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server Error in '/VaultService' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /VaultService/VaultWeb/Login.aspx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rebooted the server. I verified IIS was running, and that ASP was allowed. I verified anonymous access was on.

There is an instance of SharePoint running on a different port, but that was never a problem before I tried upgrading. Fortress was working just fine. Also, I can still get to the website that runs off SharePoint.

What should I try next?

lbauer

Re: 404 Error following upgrade attempt

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Most likely, files were deleted during the upgrade, and because it was terminated, new files were not copied to the virtual directory.

Backup up your databases (sgvault, sgdragnet, sgmaster).

Try running the installer again. If you get a Remove option, choose to uninstall, keeping the database. Then reinstall. You'll have the opportunity to set a new Admin password.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager