Fortress for mac os x... when?

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mccarre

Fortress for mac os x... when?

Post by mccarre » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:36 pm

Sorry if this is a jerk post, 'cause it's been asked five million times, but any idea when they'll release Fortress for mac os x? I have a number of projects on fortress, and sure they are visual studio .net projects, but I can just use Mono to develop on mac os x, so the only missing link now is the same source control.

Beth

Re: Fortress for mac os x... when?

Post by Beth » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm

The source control side of Fortress should work like Vault. You can run the command-line client on a MAC using .mono. The task and bug tracking side is web-based, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, the Eclipse client works on a MAC.

Did you have a different answer from somewhere or someone else?
Were you looking for a GUI client for the MAC or could you explain further what you are looking for?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

mccarre

Post by mccarre » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:57 am

For some reason it skipped my mind to use the command line tool. I suppose this is entirely possible.

I know you can track things from any webpage, so ya I could have easily spied on my project, which was my initial intention.

However I was being blind simply because their doesn't appear to be a GUI for fortress on mac.

In this case I suppose you haven't satisfied my questions with answers and I'm grateful, however you could still answer my last question of when a GUI client of Fortress will be available for mac. Is it currently in development? Is their any interest? Am I just too blind to see theirs already a GUI client out? =P

Btw thanks again for the answers previous =)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:52 am

There currently is not a GUI Client for Mac.

We do have feature request 9186 logged for for a Mac GUI client, but this won't be implemented anytime soon. This would be a big project, and we have many other feature request which are more pressing.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager