Folder version bug / GUI general requirements

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Xavier

Folder version bug / GUI general requirements

Post by Xavier » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:22 am

Hi,

Folder version doesn't show labels. Is it a bug ?

I think that many of the list controls should be autosized to their content, most of the time I do not see the name of the file, but the beginin of the paht that is useless (ex: show folder history, double click an item, the list of checked in items is cropped.)
Most of the dialog boxes should be closed when ESC is hit. I'm most of the time working with keyboard, not mouse.

Labels and Adds,Deletion, ... have the same icon (a folder). It would be great to have a different icon for labels, I wouldn't mind having folder operation (adds, deletes) having the same icon as files but I understand your choice is more logical. Though label is a folder operation having another icon would still be great
Best regards

Xavier

lbauer

Re: Folder version bug / GUI general requirements

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:09 am

Xavier wrote:Hi,

Folder version doesn't show labels. Is it a bug ?
We have work item 10335 logged already. I'll add your "vote."

I think that many of the list controls should be autosized to their content, most of the time I do not see the name of the file, but the beginin of the path that is useless (ex: show folder history, double click an item, the list of checked in items is cropped.)
We have work item 13756 logged for this. I'll add your "vote."
Most of the dialog boxes should be closed when ESC is hit. I'm most of the time working with keyboard, not mouse.
I'll add your "vote" to work item 8925.
Labels and Adds,Deletion, ... have the same icon (a folder). It would be great to have a different icon for labels, I wouldn't mind having folder operation (adds, deletes) having the same icon as files but I understand your choice is more logical. Though label is a folder operation having another icon would still be great
We have work item 10431 already logged for this. I'll add your "vote."

Thanks for the feedback. As you can see, these are features that other customers would also like to see in Vault, but we haven't been able to add just yet. We do keep track of all customer requests, though, and implement many suggestions.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager