Cannot Login to Fortress (aspx/asmx)

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mtatum

Cannot Login to Fortress (aspx/asmx)

Post by mtatum » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:47 pm

Trouble with Fortress – having to issue “aspnet_regiis –i” occasionally after restarting server to gain access.

I have successfully installed Fortress on a Windows 2000 Server running as a Domain Controller.

Configuration:
Windows 2000 Server SP4
Microsoft Sql Express 2005
SQLEXPRESS: Windows Authentication
Fortress: 1.1.2.18185
Microsoft.net - Framework – v2.0
Microsoft.net – Framework – v1.1

“ aspnet_regiis –lv” command shows:
1.1.4322.0 Valid C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll
2.0.50727.0 Valid (Root) C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll

The problem, I have to occasionally reissue the command: “aspnet_regiis –i” and restart the server. The first time I came across this issue was because I had restarted the server and fortress no longer worked. I have been trying to figure this issue out. It is somewhat sporadic in that fortress sometime stops works after either a reboot or server shutdown. Most of time it takes about three reboots before the fortress system stops working. I’m not able to see anything in the logs files or the event log related to this issue. I’m able to access "http://localhost/vaultservice" but I cannot access any of the links with an extension of “aspx” or "asmx". Even when I cannot access the fortress system, I’m able to open and use SQL Express 2005.

Directory: "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files" has the following sub-folders:
Fortress
Vaultservice

The “identity impersonate="true" and the correct domain user is used in the website “ web.config” file contained in the following website folders:
Fortress
VaultService
VaultService/VaultShadowFolder

Fortress is the only thing installed in the website. Do you need to see any of the logs files?

Beth

Re: Cannot Login to Fortress (aspx/asmx)

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:37 pm

When you installed, did you follow the instructions posted here: FAQ: Running Vault service on a domain controller (IIS 5.0)?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support