Broken Shared files, cant be deleted or renamed.

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

JohnCross

Broken Shared files, cant be deleted or renamed.

Post by JohnCross » Fri May 21, 2004 8:31 am

Hi

We are having a problem where we cannot access shared files. They appear to be undeletable, and we are unable to rename them. They are supposed to be version 7 (other shares of that file are version 7) yet these broken ones only display version 5.

The server logs report "critical error" when we attempt to perform operations on them and it appears to be the same issue as is referred to in this post : http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=874

What is the best way for us to fix these broken files ?

Thank you very much for your help
John Cross

Further info :

When the clients perform operations on the files they get
[21/05/2004 15:13:17] Beginning transaction
[21/05/2004 15:13:17] Server unavailable for transaction begin
[21/05/2004 15:13:17] Transaction failed

and the server logs report

Critical Error! Error in the application.
at VaultServiceBase.VaultRepository.a(Int64 A_0, Hashtable A_1, String A_2, Boolean A_3, VaultFSObjects& A_4, Int32& A_5)
at VaultServiceBase.VaultRepository.GetReferenceCopiesByPath(Int64 nRevID, Hashtable htNewRefParents, String strAbsolutePath, VaultFSObjects& fsoList, Int32& nPinCount)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTransaction.PreCheckProcessRename(Int32 nCurrStatCode, VaultRequestRename vrr, Boolean bCommitWork, VaultTransactionContainer txContainer)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.BeginTx(HttpApplicationState theApp, VaultUser vuLoggedInUser, Int32 nTxUserID, String strHostname, Int32 nRepID, DateTime dtBeginTx, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, VaultLogFile vlfLogger, String& strTxID, VaultIntTx& vit)
at VaultService.VaultService.DoBeginTx(HttpApplicationState theApp, String strCallerLogEvt, VaultUser vUser, Int32 nTxUserID, String strHostName, Int32 nRepID, DateTime dtBeginTx, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID)

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri May 21, 2004 8:46 am

John:

Just to make sure this is not a new bug, can I ask a couple of questions? Was this file shared at some point? Do you have different repositories which contain this file's exact path? I just want to make sure this is the same bug fixed in later versions of Vault.

Anyway, the fix is simple - I'll send out a program, and a SQL script which will update the shortcut of shared objects s to contain correct the information. Can you send me your e-mail, and I'll send you the fix + instructions. ( Click on the e-mail button below )

Thanks
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri May 21, 2004 9:00 am

John:

One quick follow up. I want to make sure I'm diagnosing the problem correctly.

Do the symptoms here look similar http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=874?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Jim

Post by Jim » Sat May 22, 2004 3:08 am

jeff

I'll pretend to be John today as I have to be in today anyhow....

yes the symptoms look identical to those in http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=874 and the file is definitely shared. It is still shared according to the icon, but the version is different from the other files it has share links to.

At least one of the share links will have had exactly the same path in a different repository too.

We are on 2.0 of vault and havent applied 2.01,02 or 03 yet.

thanks very much for your help

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sat May 22, 2004 4:21 pm

Jim:

John contacted me off line. I've sent him the fix, and awaiting his reply.

Thanks,
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear