Error 500 attempting to edit saved query

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bradoes

Error 500 attempting to edit saved query

Post by bradoes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:59 am

Hi,

Using Fortress version 1.1.1.18060, I am getting the following error message when I attempt to Modify an existing saved query from the Manage Queries screen ...

Error 500: The Server is unable to process your request, click the login button to go back to the login page

The Fortress log on the server provides this detail ..

2008-07-07 09:02:50.032 [server name and id removed] : Server error 500 'sortListSecondary' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items. Parameter name: value at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable dataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformSelect() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() at MantisControlsLib.SortList.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Could you provide steps to reproduce? Are you modifying the query from the web client, or elsewhere?

Is there anything in the Vault Server log that corresponds to the error?

The log is sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

bradoes

Post by bradoes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:36 pm

lbauer wrote:Could you provide steps to reproduce? Are you modifying the query from the web client, or elsewhere?
Steps to reproduce:
- Using the Fortress Web Client, access the Item Tracking database
- Select the desired project (there is only one in my case)
- Press 'Customize' button
- Select the 'Manage Queries' item on the right side of the screen
- Click the 'Modify' icon for the query I want to change.

Note: I have eight saved queries. Five of these produce this error when I attempt to modify them. I can modify the other three without a problem

lbauer wrote:Is there anything in the Vault Server log that corresponds to the error?

The log is sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.
The following was found in the sgvault.log file:
----7/7/2008 3:26:59 PM [server name removed])--SSL Disabled Login
----7/7/2008 3:27:05 PM [server name removed])--SSL Disabled Login
----7/7/2008 3:27:08 PM [server name removed])--SSL Disabled Login
----7/7/2008 3:27:48 PM [server name removed])--SSL Disabled Login
----7/7/2008 3:27:51 PM [server name removed])--SSL Disabled Login
----7/7/2008 3:27:53 PM [server name removed])--SSL Disabled Login

I see a lot of these for many of our users, so I would consider this a 'normal' message

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 pm

I wasn't able to reproduce this. I probably need a screenshot showing the exact query.

According to the error message you're getting, it may have something to do with the secondary sort selection:

Code: Select all

Server error 500 'sortListSecondary' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager