Vault to Fortress upgrade and cannot login

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

fkuhne

Vault to Fortress upgrade and cannot login

Post by fkuhne » Sun May 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Hello,

Here is my scenario:

Windows Server 2003
IIS with ASP.Net 2.0
Sql Server 2005

I had a Vault install on an old server which was dying. Moved database files for SGVAULT db to new server and attached to Sql Server. Installed Fortress. Instructed install to use existing database. During initial install got a primary key violation on sgvault.dbo.tblusersecuritychanges. After that install failure, I removed the newly created sgmaster and sgdragnet dbs. I then removed all rows from tblusersecuritychanges.

After that I reinstalled Fortress server and client on the server. Selected admin password, etc. Everything went fine on install.

Then tried to login via web client or win client. In web client got password failure though I am absoutely certain of password match. This was in the vault log file:

----5/11/2008 12:02:28 PM admin--server.domain.net(192.168.2.50)--SSL Disabled Login failed: FailNotValidLogin

In the win client I got the message "The username or password supplied is invalid."

Machine keys in web.config for VaultService and Fortress match. Integrated security is used for db connections. I was logged in as the Domain Admin. Any ideas?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 12, 2008 8:56 am

We'll need to take a closer look at the state of your database.

Please email support at sourcegear.com attn: Linda, with a reference to this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager