Just installed Fortress - Having IIS7 Problems

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jmFightSpam

Just installed Fortress - Having IIS7 Problems

Post by jmFightSpam » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi,

This is not necessarily a Fortress problem, per se (at least I don't think so). But since installing Fortress made me enable IIS7 for the first time on Vista Ultimate, I figured maybe someone could help me with my problem.

I have Vista Ultimate and IIS7. When I go to:

http://localhost/

all is good.

However, when I go to http://my-machine-name/ on the same machine, I get

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I enabled "World Wide Web Services (HTTP)" as an exception in the Windows Firewall.

However, I am trying this on the same machine, not another machine on the network or anything.

Also, the weird thing is, there was one time when I tried the machine name and it worked -- however, I had to try localhost first, then try the machine name. But I have not been able to reproduce this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

jmFightSpam

Post by jmFightSpam » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:56 pm

I just noticed when I turn the Windows Firewall completely off, it seems to work. But when it is on, it doesn't. But I have the World Wide Web Services checked under exceptions.....Weird.

ebinfo

Post by ebinfo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:17 pm

i had the same issue, what i did to fix was to go on the properties of the network connection, firewall properties, and then open port 80

adding the exception of IIS along does not seem to be enough.

jmFightSpam

Post by jmFightSpam » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:23 pm

ebinfo wrote:i had the same issue, what i did to fix was to go on the properties of the network connection, firewall properties, and then open port 80

adding the exception of IIS along does not seem to be enough.
Thank you ebinfo. I will give that a try.

jmFightSpam

Post by jmFightSpam » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Well, I disabled the Windows Firewall, restarted, and then re-enabled the firewall and all seems to be working now from that respect. Very strange.