Moving Projects From One Computer to The Other

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

DeveloperK

Moving Projects From One Computer to The Other

Post by DeveloperK » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:06 am

Hello everyone, I am new to this whole source control management stuff and unfortunately I think I've made a major mistake.

Here's what I did:

I checked in all of the projects that I had on my old laptop setup on item tracking etc. and this seem to work perfectly. However about 2 weeks ago I got a new laptop and copied all of the projects (working folders) from my old laptop to the new one. Now unfortunately ever since I've done this whenever I open the projects that I had under source control on the old laptop I continue to get " The Solution Is Bound to Fortress but has no working folder in its current on-disk location" I choose the "locate project in the repository" option I choose the folder and the solution file.

Once I've done this some of my projects get the Renegade status "a little flag " and I dont know how to rectify this. I thought I had this figured out. Unfortunately I didnt. :(

I know an option is to delete the repository and start over and I think I probably will do this but I wanted to verify with you here first.

Thanks in advance

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:09 pm

In VS, which client do you have set in Tools - Options - Source Control?

In this kind of case, it might be easiest to just perform a fresh Open from Source Control or Open from Fortress.

DeveloperK

Post by DeveloperK » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 am

SourceGear Fortress Enhanced Visual Studio CLient is the "Source Control"

And can you explain exactly what do you mean by openning a fresh project?

Thanks for your assistance thus far.

DeveloperK

Post by DeveloperK » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:58 am

I have worked on these projects when Fortress were down. So the copy that I have on my laptop is more recent than the copy that's in Fortress so opening a project from Fortress will give me an older version of the project i.e. that doesn't have the changes I have on the local version.