Bug? Keep alive not keeping alive.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Lysaer

Bug? Keep alive not keeping alive.

Post by Lysaer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Many of our users are getting this error message at least once a day - I'm getting it several times a day, usually when changing repositories or opening a solution in VS 2005 from Fortress. (Client v. 1.1.0 16216)

The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:34 am

You're setting the keep alive thing in IIS, correct?

I think you may have better results without that. What happens if you turn it off and run like that for a while?

Lysaer

Post by Lysaer » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:37 am

Yes, keep-alives are turned on (turned on by default). We'll be upgrading to the newest version tonight, so we'll try turning that off when we upgrade and see how that goes.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:54 pm

I'd be interested in the results from that.