Suggestion: Changing repositories

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Lysaer

Suggestion: Changing repositories

Post by Lysaer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but would it be possible in a future build to make changing repositories easier? Maybe a drop-down in the toolbar on the right side? We work with (right now) 20 repositories on a daily basis, and that number's going to double, possibly triple over the next few months, and in a year it will be well over 200.

In many cases, I flip from repository to repository and back several times within a 5 minute period. A quick way to do that would be great, without having to have multiple Fortress windows open.

Or even better, having multiple repositories open at one time, in tabbed windows? I don't know if that would even be possible, though. :D

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:48 pm

Is it a case of where you are getting files, or just looking up information? If you are just looking up information, then you will want to check out the web client.

I can put in a feature request though. This is the perfect place to mention it.

Lysaer

Post by Lysaer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:36 am

Both, actually. And I've used the web client, but I prefer to standalone client because personally, I hate the web client. :D It's just personal preference though. I feels clunky and difficult, but that's just a side effect of the necessity of its nature!