resolving status "Unknown"

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

matzen

resolving status "Unknown"

Post by matzen » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:48 am

Hi there,

Is there a way to check status of 2000 newly imported files?
I had a VSS repository of about 2000 files (one project). I've imported that from VSS into Vault. Now I have a Vault repository and 10 development machines (containing the files got from VSS). On each dev-machine the files do have the status "unknown" in the vault client. Is there a way to let the client check the file content against the repository content? My alternative is to rename the folder from VSS, get all the files again from Vault and do a comparison with a tool like BeyondCompare or FileSync - but I wonder if there is a way to do it with Vault.

Thanks,
Sven

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:16 am

Vault 3.0 has a new feature where it automatically does a CRC comparison on Get operations, and if the CRC of the local file matches a known version in the Vault repository, it creates the baseline file automatically. If it can't find a match, it marks the file "Needs Merge" and assumes the baseline is the first Vault version (and doing a Show Merge will work to resolve differences).

If you are on Vault 2.0 or prior, you will have to do a Get to a separate folder and then do a compare to verify whether the files are the same as what is checked into Vault or not.