delete _sgvault folders??

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

TooTall

delete _sgvault folders??

Post by TooTall » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:05 am

If I have switched my Vault Client to store info i local working folders rather than the %APPDATA% directory, and I have done a full get latest on all my repositories, what folders should I delete in my %APPDATA% dire as to reduce the size of my roaming profile??

Can (should?) I just delete the _sgvault folders?? Or are there others that I do not need anymore??

Thanks
TooTall

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:33 am

If you've done a get latest the _sgvault folders in your working directories have the new baseline, so you should be able to delete the _sgvault folders in App Data. The other files named "CacheMember . . ." etc, are still needed as these are your client side cache files, unless there are repositories you are no longer accessing.

For more info see:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

TooTall

Post by TooTall » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:36 am

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:36 am

In %APPDATA%\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client, there is a folder for each repository you've connected to. Its name is a GUID. Inside each of these is a folder named after the user you connected as. Inside of this folder will be a folder called "_sgvault", which contains all of the old baseline files and state information. You can delete this folder (and any folders named "_sgvault" under %APPDATA%) if you have switched to storing your information in the working folders.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`