VaultBuildTreeException

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
stulo

VaultBuildTreeException

Post by stulo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:53 am

I upgraded Vault to VaultPro yesterday, and things went smoothly. We had no trouble at all. However, today the VaultWeb interface is throwing an error.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: Web Event
Event ID: 1309
Date: 11/24/2010
Time: 10:38:36 AM
User: N/A
Description:
Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 11/24/2010 10:38:36 AM
Event time (UTC): 11/24/2010 4:38:36 PM
Event ID: 1bfcd4486be24925a0a8b116fea6d707
Event sequence: 3640
Event occurrence: 2
Event detail code: 0

Exception information:
Exception type: VaultBuildTreeException
Exception message: Error in the application.

Stack trace: at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTreeManager.GetCurrentTree(VaultSqlConn vsConn, Int32 nRepID)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTreeManager.GetCurrentTree(VaultSqlConn vsConn, Int32 nRepID, VaultRepository& repOut)
at VaultWebLib.RepositoryDataSource.OnInit(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Beth

Re: VaultBuildTreeException

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 am

What version did you upgrade from?

At what point do you get this error?

Do you get any errors trying to access the same information in the Vault GUI client?

Does this happen on every machine?

If you can log in with a Vault client, go to Help - Technical Support and post the environment information from there.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

stulo

Post by stulo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 am

It was an upgrade from 4.1. The error occurred several times at login. I had no errors from the Client or the VS2010 integration. I did later realize that I had a separate browser window open with a logged in session. After logging out of that session, I was able to login again without the error. I am guessing that had something to do with it.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:40 pm

I hadn't seen anything like that before.

Did any errors show up in your Vault server log at C:\Windows\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log?

I'm assuming that everything is running fine for you now? Have you attempted a file edit and check-in yet?
Beth Kieler

stulo

Post by stulo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Yes, everything is fine now. The errors were logged. Here is an excerpt (with sensitive data removed)

----11/24/2010 10:38:36 AM admin--MACHINENAME.DOMAIN(IP ADDRESS)--SSL Disabled VaultLib.VaultBuildTreeException: Error in the application.
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTreeManager.GetCurrentTree(VaultSqlConn vsConn, Int32 nRepID) at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTreeManager.GetCurrentTree(VaultSqlConn vsConn, Int32 nRepID)
----11/24/2010 10:38:36 AM admin--MACHINENAME.DOMAIN(IP ADDRESS)--SSL Disabled Uncaught Exception: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
Inner Exception: Error in the application.
----11/24/2010 10:38:36 AM admin--MACHINENAME.DOMAIN(IP ADDRESS)--SSL Disabled at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.vaultweb_default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Inner Exeption Stack Trace: at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTreeManager.GetCurrentTree(VaultSqlConn vsConn, Int32 nRepID)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTreeManager.GetCurrentTree(VaultSqlConn vsConn, Int32 nRepID, VaultRepository& repOut)
at VaultWebLib.RepositoryDataSource.OnInit(EventArgs e)

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:35 am

Thank you for the update.
Beth Kieler

pierre-chew

Post by pierre-chew » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:58 pm

I just started getting the same error yesterday. I am using Vault version 5.1.2. If I navigate to the web client, I get the following error:

Exception Details: VaultLib.VaultBuildTreeException: Error in the application.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[VaultBuildTreeException: Error in the application.]
VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSCC.GetRepositoryTree(VaultSqlConn conn, Int32 nRepID, Int64 nTxID, Boolean bNeedCurrentHashes, VaultRepository& rep) +1693
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTreeManager.GetCurrentTree(VaultSqlConn vsConn, Int32 nRepID) +1023
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTreeManager.GetCurrentTree(VaultSqlConn vsConn, Int32 nRepID, VaultRepository& repOut) +166
VaultWebLib.RepositoryTree.get_Repository() +137
VaultService.VaultWeb.ShowFolder.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +158
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

If I attempt to use the Windows Client, I get the following error:

"You have no rights to view any items in this repository"

I have gone through and blown away he disk cache as well as reset iis on the server, but no luck.

In the server log I am getting the following:

----9/17/2011 9:45:48 PM pierre-chew--192.168.0.239(192.168.0.239)--SSL Enabled VaultServiceSQL.VaultDbTreeException: An error was encountered looking up the owner of a folder or file for the source code tree. The tree was not built. Base TreeRevision: 0 Target TreeRevision: 41664 TreeLevel: 8 ParentObjVerID: 155639 ObjID: 72123 ObjVersion: 2 Name: ProgramAgendaDetails.ascx.cs PinFrom: 0 ParentPathHash: 0xAA03A7F57B449366D43EE52D9D684306 PathHash: 0x00
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultRepUtil.BuildTree(SqlDataReader dr, Int64 nBaseRevID, Int64 nTargetRevID, Hashtable htSharedHints, Hashtable htSharedItems, HybridDictionary htTxModifiedItems, Int32 nTxAction, Boolean bTxDirectModified, Int64 nRootPinFromObjVerID, VaultFolder& vfRoot)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultRepUtil.BuildTree(SqlDataReader dr, Int64 nBaseRevID, Int64 nTargetRevID, Hashtable htSharedHints, Hashtable htSharedItems, HybridDictionary htTxModifiedItems, Int32 nTxAction, Boolean bTxDirectModified, VaultFolder& vfRoot)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSCC.GetRepositoryTree(VaultSqlConn conn, Int32 nRepID, Int64 nTxID, Boolean bNeedCurrentHashes, VaultRepository& rep) at VaultServiceSQL.VaultRepUtil.BuildTree(SqlDataReader dr, Int64 nBaseRevID, Int64 nTargetRevID, Hashtable htSharedHints, Hashtable htSharedItems, HybridDictionary htTxModifiedItems, Int32 nTxAction, Boolean bTxDirectModified, Int64 nRootPinFromObjVerID, VaultFolder& vfRoot)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultRepUtil.BuildTree(SqlDataReader dr, Int64 nBaseRevID, Int64 nTargetRevID, Hashtable htSharedHints, Hashtable htSharedItems, HybridDictionary htTxModifiedItems, Int32 nTxAction, Boolean bTxDirectModified, VaultFolder& vfRoot)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSCC.GetRepositoryTree(VaultSqlConn conn, Int32 nRepID, Int64 nTxID, Boolean bNeedCurrentHashes, VaultRepository& rep)

I have gone ahead an attached the server log. Any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks,

Pierre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:06 am

This last post is being handled offline by support.

HS: 223974
Beth Kieler

marka

Post by marka » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 am

Hello,

I get the exact same error as posted by Pierre-Chew on September 18th 2011. I have standard client 5.1.1.19215 and the server version is the same. I have been using this with no issues for over 18 months and the error has only just started happening (last week). I have cleared the cache and restarted the Vault server twice and still get the same.

I note that this issue was taken offline by support and I would be very grateful if support could share the answer?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 am

Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager