Shadow folders not updating --- error during creation

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jmlange

Shadow folders not updating --- error during creation

Post by jmlange » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:13 am

I set up shadow folders to a local share on our Vault server about 4 weeks ago. All was working well and smoothly at that time.

Today I find that not everything that has been shadowed is getting updated. I tried to delete the shadow associations and recreate them. Now in the recreation process I get the error message "The attempt to download the files from the shadowed folder failed. Please check the shadow folder's error log for more information."

However, the Shadowfolder.log file doesn't give any error information for that creation attempt.

Help? What more information can I provide here? Oh yeah, the vault service is running on a Windows 2000 Server with SP4.

TIA,
Jan

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:56 pm

Is Vault Shadow folder service running as a local machine account?

If so, you may try using identity impersionation for the shadow folder service. When you set up identity impersionation, the shadow folder service should run as a domain account (since a local account may not exist unless a user is logged onto the machine).

The following link contains instructions for setting up identity impersonation for shadow folders:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=188

You should also verify that all the permissions are correct. The above KB article also includes what permissions need to be set in order for shadow folders to work.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear