Trouble upgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 (18402)

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

martaver

Trouble upgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 (18402)

Post by martaver » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:56 am

Hi guys,
I'm trying to install the latest version of Fortress, and when I try to install I get the following error:

Looking for IIS Version
Configuring your new Fortress Installation
Requesting the IIS Process User...Requesting Fortress Admin user password...OK
Connecting to the SQL Server...OK
Verifying the SQL Server requirements...OK
Checking for an existing databases...Found.
Asking for database's fate...Keep existing.
Upgrading the existing source control database...
This may take a long time. Do NOT stop this process!
Upgrade failed. The sgvault and sgdragnet databases must have the same SQL Collation. This must be fixed before upgrading the databases to Fortress.
SQL Collations must be the same for the sgvault and sgdragnet databases
Fortress Setup is exiting due to a failure or cancellation. Error Code = 450

I've checked the Collations on both sgvault and sgdragnet DBs - they're both SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

I'm not sure what the installer is on about.

One piece of information that may be relevant is that I had to drop and manually attach both of these databases during a recovery I performed a few weeks ago, however everything's been working fine since then.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Seb

Beth

Re: Trouble upgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 (18402)

Post by Beth » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:36 pm

Do you have a recent backup? If so, could you detach the current databases and move them off to somewhere else, then restore the databases from backup. Then first try installing Fortress 1.1.3 on the restored databases to see if that works again. If it does, then make a note of the exact time that you will start the upgrade again and note the finish time. Then if there are errors, I can have you look at a few other logs (SQL and Event Viewer) to see if they have anything to say.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

justin375

Post by justin375 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 am

I have recentaly lost my sql file due to the corruption.I have used Stellar Phoenix Sql recovery software.This software helps me to recover my sql data. May be your any sql file been corrupted or lost. You can try this software may be it will help you to recover your data. This software demo version is free in which you can see the preview of your recoverable data.It has Graphical user Interface (GUI) so its very easy to use.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:23 am

martaver: I hadn't heard anything back from you. Did my suggestions work? If not, then I need to see a server install log in it's entirety. That can be found at %username%/local settings/temp and is called fortress_install.log. You can post it here or email it to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth), with a link to this forum thread.

justin375: Corruption? I have no information from you nor contact that I'm aware of. Do you have a ticket open with support? If something has went that wrong with your database, then we really need to discuss this to make sure that your database is still set up the way it should be. We haven't tried the tool you mentioned against any of our databases, so I don't know if you would have any future problems after using that tool against the database.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support